Texting While Driving? Save Tickets and Hire a Personal Driver
Studies show that using your phone while driving is like driving drunk. You can be even more certain when you know that 78% of accidents in KSA are related to using cell phones while driving.
Using a mobile device while driving increases reaction time, making it harder for drivers to maintain proper lane positions, maintain appropriate speeds, and judge safe gaps in traffic. It’s why you should consider hiring a personal driver if you can’t control using your phone while driving because of a business that you’re running, or because of your frequent need for handling some issues and making many phone calls on the road.
When you get a personal driver, you save at least 3 things:
1- Save money
Saudi Arabia’s law is very clear about using a mobile phone while driving. It is considered a serious traffic violation and can result in a number of penalties, including:
- A fine of up to SAR 3,000.
- Suspend your driver’s license for up to 30 days.
- Imprisonment for up to 3 months.
So, saving time also means avoiding the possibility of 3 months imprisonment. Saving money also means avoiding SAR 3,000 for every Texting-While-Driving ticket.
It’s worth mentioning that Raha gives you a reasonable payment plan on the one-year and two-year contracts. It also accepts a bunch of payment methods, like Mada, Sadad, Applepay, Visa cards, and Mastercard. Download the Raha app now, and get a personal driver immediately.
2- Save time
Private drivers plan routes effectively, avoid traffic congestion, and choose the most time-efficient paths. On the other hand, hiring a private driver can help you invest in quality time with your family. It can also help you handle business duties and make important calls on the road.
Besides being on time, one of the private drivers’ duties is to be prepared. This means the car won’t surprise you with flat tires, empty fuel tanks, dead batteries, or trip cancellations due to car problems. A private driver makes his checks to make sure everything is set and the car is fueled before heading out, to reach your location on time.
3- And most importantly … SAVE LIVES
Especially when you have kids, and usually drive when they’re around. Road traffic accidents are actually the sixth-leading cause of death for children and adolescents, according to the World Health Organization.
In fact, using cell phones while driving leads to a type of distraction that is defined as ‘’the diversion of attention from activities critical for safe driving towards a competing activity, it is a behavior that jeopardizes the safety of drivers, passengers, and non-occupants alike’’.
How does Raha enhance your personal driver experience?
– By receiving your driver services within 5 days of your request date.
– Getting a personal driver who checks your car daily, and reports any malfunctions to you.
– Flexible contracts, starting from one month to 24 months. And long-term contracts starting from one year and up to 2 years, with the possibility of extending the contract with the same driver upon your request.
– Just a few clicks for the contracting process on the Raha app, and an even easier contract extension.
– Raha handles the entire renewal process of a driver’s license.
– Automatic activation of the service once payment is made.
It is cost-effective to have a private driver when you spend plenty of time on the road, when your time is worth money; and until some advancing technology is available to help you control texting on the road. Hire a personal driver with Raha.
- Perception and Attitude of the General Population of Saudi Arabia Towards Texting While Driving, Riyaz Ahamed Shaik, Department of Family and Community Medicine, College of Medicine, Majmaah University, Majmaah 11952, Saudi Arabia. Majmaah Journal of Health Sciences, Vol. 11, Issue 3, July – 2023, Dhu Al-Hijjah – 1444.
- Using Cellphone While Driving Among Saudi Drivers in Saudi Arabia, Cross Section Study 2018, July 2020, Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology.
- A Comparison of the Cell Phone Driver and the Drunk Driver, by David L. Strayer, Frank A. Drews, and Dennis J. Crouch,
- Benefits of Having a Private or Personal Driver, By Meri Maid Domestic Help Services.
- Why is using a mobile phone risky while driving? By Waheed Akhtar.